The Book of Retirement
: Her retirement by Iza Deleanu
He told me that if I want to retire I need a totl of X years of work combined with Y years of age and you need a total of 78? Seventy what? Holy macaroni! Who is going to live that long? For sure I am not! Too many Cancer signs running in the family… He catches the part with the Cancer and declares:|
- No worries, Hon, you are a Virgo, so you are a survivor.
Trying to squeeze some years in I innocently asked:-
- What about my 10 years from back home, do those count towards anything?
- Nope! Your clock started to tick in the direction of retirement in 2009. Since you didn’t get a proper job until 2013, my Love, you will be retiring in your grave…
- Thanks Captain Obvious, and knowing you, you will make me buy it in advance, I mumbled under my chin.
- What did you say?
- I said I will retire in an urn, Sir! The grave it will be too expensive, and I can’t afford that with this financial disaster.
- Well the only chance for you is to win the Lottery.
- Yeah as if I really have luck in that department. The results of playing are the same as my writing: “Try again! This seems to be a non-winner!” I really love the disclaimer part: “Play responsibly.” In other words, stop wasting your money… That’s why the winning the lottery option is your department. I will continue to try my luck in the Writing Department. Who knows maybe one day I will win a contest and start making a living out of it? And then…
- Sure, Hon, dream on, with your English you will win lots of …experience … no money, no island life for you. In the meantime, let me get you a Cuba Libre, it’s minus 40 today so you need to keep your retirement dream … handy.
What can I say, my man is careful with my dreams, he makes sure to keep me in the Oblivion so Cuba Libre and a movie about the island will help me get through the day. But seriously, do I really have to die working? Is there no exotic escape for me? Oh, Brother! No rich relative that I don’t know about it? Oh, Lord, save meeeeeeeeeee!
All rights reserved. |
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement